In 1893 the three Miller brothers, George, Ted & Charles Miller, opened Rugby Polo Club. The club was one of the most prestige clubs in the country and was one of the biggest clubs in the UK with members totaling 250 in the 1920’s. The members included the late King of Spain, HRH the late Prince of Wales. In 1900 the club had over 200 playing members, and was holding some tournaments still played for outside the club today.
The club closed in 1939 at the start of the Second World War. The club was reopened in 1947 but with no success and closed the same year. Nearly sixty years on the club reopened on the original purpose built polo pitches.
In 2010 the Polocrosse Nationals came to Rugby for the 1st time and in 2011 the club played host to the Polocrosse world cup as well as the nationals for the second year running. This was the 1st year the world cup had been played for in the UK, and at the end of the season there was a great push for a permanent club to be present at Onley Grounds. So from the start of the 2012 season Rugby Polocrosse club will be inviting members to join and make use of its 5 permanent grounds as well as superb arena facilities for year round Polocrosse.